Monday, June 11, 2012

One Year of Insight




(love this tattoo btw)


Alright. Gentlemen who read my blog for the free goodies and occasional erotica that I write on here from time to time, This post isn't for you. Feel Free to go here http://www.extralunchmoney.com/user/AmbientMagic and check out all my sexy videos and picture sets that you can get (Lots of more free pics there just from the thumbnails ;D ) Or of course feel free to read as well if you are interested.


Alright. Girls. I have had this blog post on my mind for a while. A month ago I passed my 1 year mark in the camming and sex work business. I still love it as much as I did when I first started. I have met a lot of great guys and I have met a lot of assholes. I have had really good days where I made hundreds in an hour. And in contrast I have gone a week without making a dime. 

I figured that I would list a few things that I have learned in my year of sex work. Some things I need to do better at and some I am a master off. As cam girls and normal human beings we all have things we struggle with and things that we excel at.


1) Believe in yourself:

It's really easy to get depressed in this business. Especially if you do this full time and have the pressure of bills to pay hanging over your head. Sometimes you will get that one asshole guy that knows how to press your buttons just the right way.  When you kick/ban (and you should do this to assholes) said asshole you still can't unread or un-hear what he said. Don't let it get you down. Remember: Just because one guy doesn't like you, doesn't mean the other 100 guys in love with you agree with his opinion at all. Believe that you can do whatever you set your mind too. No one can stop you. You are your own person and you decide your own fate. Which brings me to my next point

2) Set Daily Goals:

This is pretty self explanatory. Set a daily goal. Whether that goal be $20 or $100. Set a small one and hit it. Every day that you are working. Appreciate every cent and every dollar that goes to that goal. Now of course some days are gonna be easier than others to hit those goals. So pay attention to the times that you are on camera or are trying to sell videos. Pay attention to the type of traffic that you get on those times. Try and optimize your time and success by paying attention to things like this. Do that, and before you know it you will be hitting your goals with minimal effort.

3) Make Quality Content:

Everyone knows the one girl that is similar to you that is selling 50 videos for 5 dollars on some 'other site. Or the girl that sets her per min rate to .50/min. Forget that bitch. Your content should be quality. 

If you are on cam:


  •  SMILE, SMILE, SMILE. 
  • Every person you see come in, say Hi too. 
  • Know your boundaries when it come to what you will and will not do.
  • Have the most high definition camera that you can afford. 
  • Know what your guys want.
  • Don't be afraid to shake things up with different things.
  • Keep an open mind


If you are making custom content:

  • Again, Get the highest definition camera that you can afford.
  • Know how to compose a decent sentence and clearly get your thoughts across.
  • Be able to understand a guy's wants and give them EXACTLY what they are asking for.
  • Respect and treat people the way you want to be treated. (goes without saying really but you'd be surprised at the amount of people who dont)
  • Get back to guys in a timely manner. Don't leave them hanging not know whats going on
  • Know how long it will take you to shoot a video or pic set ( make sure you account for showers, makeup, costumes, shooting time, editing time, sending time) and be honest with guys about this.



4) Set a schedule:

I will freely admit that this is something I need to work on. I've been sick but alas none of my excuses... Try and find at least a little time a day to do what needs to be done. Remember constancy is great for bringing back repeat customers and new customers that want to spend money on you.


5) Separate Sex and Work:

This can be hard. Often times in this year of experience, I have found myself so tired from camming/making content that I would un-intentally ignore my guy. Try and separate your work "sex" from your personal "sex". This is very important. Of course by all means enjoy yourself when you are working but understand that you need to have sex just for you as well. Don't let your relationships suffer just because the only sex "connection" you are having is on cam or during videos. Now that goes for yourself too. Don't work all the time make sure that you have days off. All that jazz.



So ya. That is the basics of what I have learned in this last year. I could do on for pages but I have a feeling everyone would lose interest after the 15th page. Haha. Anyways Girls, I wish you loads of money and nice guys to make your days better. I hope that I have helped at least a few people with my insights.


Much love.

-Ambient Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment